AB-NHPM: In Alliance with the States
- The Scheme architecture and formulation has undergone a truly federal process, with stakeholder inputs taken from all States and UTs through national conclaves, sectoral working groups, intensive eld exercises and piloting of key modules.
- The Scheme is principle based rather than rule based, allowing States enough exibility in terms of packages, procedures, scheme design, entitlements as well as other guidelines while ensuring that key benets of portability and fraud detection are ensured at a national level.
- States will have the option to use an existing Trust/Society or set up a new Trust/Society to implement the Scheme as State Health Agency and will be free to choose the modalities for implementation. They can implement the Scheme through an insurance company or directly through the Trust/Society/Implementation Support Agency or a mixed approach.
AB-NHPM: Home grown architecture, state of the art IT
- The Scheme will run on a state of the art IT system with inbuilt intelligence and data processing capabilities for detection of fraud and misuse as well as providing a well-dened completely online empanelment, complaint and grievance redressal and tracking mechanism.
- The National Health Authority has signed an MoU with Government of Telangana to customize and expand the existing State scheme platform in a way amenable for all States and Union Territories. States continue to have an option with regards to hosting and customizing existing platforms.
AB-NHPM: Aiding the States
- NHA will provide full support and leadership of the program and has issued detailed operational guidelines as guiding posts for the Scheme to the States. NHA will continue to engage productively with the States to enhance their capacities.
- The States will have to ensure that cabinet approvals are undertaken as quickly as possible and an MoU is signed between the NHA and the State Health Department. Budgetary allocations need to be made suitably as per the Centre - State sharing pattern in vogue.
- A District Implementation Unit (DIU) will also be required to support the implementation in every District included under the Scheme.
- NHA will continue to update the evolving guidelines and model documents on http://pmrssm.gov.in